American accent Japanese
- 1 ：maji：2008/06/28(Sat) 03:30:37 ID:mSRT+1b80
- Some anime characters like Gilbert from Hayate and that sunglasses guy from Zettai Karen Children (possibly Ken McGwire)
talk with an American accent and use English words ("Two birds, one stone desu").
I'm not sure what this is supposed to convey. It sounds really funny, but it also sounds like they are gay.
Is this really what it sounds like if an American talks Japanese?
Are there Japanese people who normally talk like this and, if so, do you consider them gay?
Are you able to talk like this just to joke around?
- 2 ：maji：2008/06/28(Sat) 03:36:11 ID:JPMUXMCC0
- chat in English Comics
- 3 ：maji：2008/06/28(Sat) 09:58:50 ID:KiJ5sMgG0
- Americans sound like this to Japanese people
- 4 ：maji：2008/06/28(Sat) 11:12:30 ID:2e99vS7O0
Yuuko Gotou is a Genius.
- 5 ：maji：2008/06/28(Sat) 12:33:01 ID:OTIG9DYW0
- The American English parts just sound off. like they could not find a bi-lingual American in the area and just found some who could kinda do said accent speaking english.
- 6 ：maji：2008/06/28(Sat) 14:42:56 ID:twPCqZzG0
Their target audience is Japanese;
their target audience doesn't care.
- 7 ：maji：2008/06/28(Sat) 21:38:24 ID:eXKN4FNU0
The accent was exaggerated, but I found it to be pretty accurate.
read.cgi ver 05.04.02 2018/11/22 Walang Kapalit ★
FOX ★ DSO(Dynamic Shared Object)